Healing and recovery so you can get back to living life on your own terms.
The interdisciplinary team at Mountain View Care Center, including a Certified Wound Nurse, uses physician-directed protocols to achieve successful outcomes, which can aid in your quick recovery and enable you to return home as soon as possible.
Mountain View Care Center provides treatment and healing for many types of wounds, including:
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic/neuropathic wounds
- Venous insufficiency ulcers
- Arterial insufficiency ulcers
- Infected and/or draining wounds requiring IV antibiotics
- Wounds requiring frequent dressing changes or VAC Therapy
- Post-traumatic wounds
- Post-surgical wound grafts and flaps
The palliative care services at Mountain View Care Center offers a comprehensive, multidisciplinary care program for patients with advanced illnesses. Our compassionate care enable our residents to live with quality and dignity, making it possible for you to place your family and friends in our care, secure in the knowledge that their final days are comfortable.
Your loved one will:
- Receive quality care when the primary caregiver is away.
- Interact with others having similar experiences.
- Spend time in a safe, supportive environment.
- Participate in activities designed to match personal abilities and needs.
Tips for planning Respite Care
- Involve your loved one. When planning for time off from your caregiving duties, make sure to keep your loved one in the loop. Get their input on deciding how much time you will be away and who will fill in for you when you’re gone. Make sure to tell them that they will benefit from you being more relaxed and refreshed. Assure them that they will also reap rewards from socializing with other people.
- Assess your needs. Make a list of what care will be needed in your absence. Also decide if the respite care provider will need any special skills or training to be able to stay with your loved one. If so, understand that your options for respite caregivers may be more limited.
- Stay organized. Use a calendar to keep track of appointments and send requests to friends and family. Don’t forget to include time for yourself and note it on the calendar.
You may believe that you should be able to “do it all.” Seeking help does not mean you don’t care. On the contrary, respite services benefit your loved one as well as you, by providing them with opportunities for socialization and a change of scenery.
Pulmonary Medical Recovery Program
Mountain View Care Center specializes in the treatment and recovery of complex pulmonary conditions utilizing modalities such as:
- Tracheostomy Care/Weaning/Decannulation
- Airvo High Flow with Optiflow™+
- Oxygen Therapy
- BiPAP and CPAP
- Nebulizer Treatment
- Pulmonary Strengthening and Recovery
Our Pulmonary Treatment and Recovery program focuses on chronic and acute conditions including:
- Morbid obesity
- Post-operative care